http://clustrmaps.com/en/admin/action.php?action=complete%20registration&id=67564&code=d8OjeUBl

tirsdag 8. oktober 2013

What did I learn in school today!


Today, we had the amazing opportunity of skyping with Jeremy Gilley. Jeremy Gilley is an English actor and filmmaker, but the reason we spoke with him, is because he is the founder of the charity “Peace one day”.  “Peace one day” is a non-profitable organization, who made 21.september the official world peace day.
You can watch our Skype call by clicking here.

The Skype call was very inspiring, and I could tell that he was engaged in his charity. The way he talked about how it all started, what they had done and the journey to where they are today, really showed how much he cared about his work. He seemed so proud of what they have accomplished, but also so eager to spread the word about “Peace one day” to even more people. I think that all his dedication and his “go-ahead spirit” is the reason he has managed to so much, and that can only be admired.
We got to ask him some questions. The first question was about what “Peace one day” actually was, but it seemed to me that Jeremy did not like that question that much. I think he felt that we should know that, after watching the video and listening to him in the beginning, but he explained it again anyway.

The next question was how he got the idea to found “Peace one day”. He said that he had often thought about people treated with injustice, and that had been the driving force of founding the charity.

I then got to ask him what he’s most memorable memory was. He stopped for some seconds, thinking and smiling, as if he remembered many good memories. He then told about the time when he saw Dalai Lama, and how he had been inspired by how much influence one man could have. He also told about some strong meetings with some children.

 
The assignments today, opened my eyes for “Peace one day”, a charity I did not know about from before. I was impressed by Jeremy’s eager and passion, and I was really inspired.  




A picture of us, skyping with Jeremy Gilley.
Thanks to Julia for posting the skype call:)


4 kommentarer:

  1. This is a good account of your class' interview and I particularly enjoyed your description of Jeremy's personality, character and his reactions to the interview. It is cool that your question got Jeremy to think about all of his good experiences - I'm sure that he was grateful to you for that.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I felt that the presentation would not have been the same if somebody else had talked, because of Jeremy’s personalities. I am just curious, are you from one of the classes, my class is cooperating with? And if you are, where is your school?:)

      Slett
  2. I agree with Ben, you had a great questions and we were able to hear about the incident with Dalai Lama, because of it! Nicely done! You see how important questions are and how much you can learn if you know how to ask the right questions!

    SvarSlett